Aurora Fire Department

Part 1

The City of Aurora is located along US-50 and the Ohio River in southwestern Dearborn County. This all-volunteer department includes 35 members who respond to 400 runs each year. AFD provides Fire and Rescue/Extrication protection to the 8,000 residents and 25 square miles including the City of Aurora, Center and Washington Townships

HR

Aurora Fire Station 1 - US-50
The Aurora Fire Department is a combination of 2 former fire companies. Company 1 was organized in 1896 and was housed on what is now Station 2 at 3rd & Main in downtown Aurora. This station still houses Engine 525 in order to provide a presence downtown. Company 2 was organized in 1897 as the Cochran Fire Company. It was housed at the site of former Station 2 on Center Street and W. Conwell on the west end of town. These two companies were combined in 2000. Station 1 was built in 2003 on top of the hill on US-50, just west of town. It is home to a majority of Aurora’s frontline apparatus. Note that each of the older apparatus’ middle number reflects their former Company 1 or 2 designation.

Engine 515 - 2003 International/E-One Pumper – 1250gpm/1000gal


Engine 515 - 2003 International/E-One Pumper – 1250gpm/1000gal


Engine 516 - 2010 E-One Typhoon Pumper (135705) – 1250gpm/1000gal/30gal foam
This former demo apparatus is equipped with a set of TnT extrication tools and a 10kw generator. It was purchased by the department in 2011.

Engine 516 - 2010 E-One Typhoon Pumper (135705) – 1250gpm/1000gal/30gal foam


Ladder 517 - 2001 Spartan/E-One 75ft Aerial (#123191) – 1250gpm/350gal


Ladder 517 - 2001 Spartan/E-One 75ft Aerial (#123191) – 1250gpm/350gal


Engine 526 - 1995 Ford F750/E-One (#14883) – 1250gpm/1000gal


Engine 526 - 1995 Ford F750/E-One (#14883) – 1250gpm/1000gal


Tanker 527 - 1995 Ford F750/E-One (#14884) - 500gpm/1800gal


Tanker 527 - 1995 Ford F750/E-One (#14884) - 500gpm/1800gal