Plainville Fire Department

The Town of Montgomery is located 85 miles southwest of Indianapolis along IN-57 in central Daviess County. Plainville VFD was formed in 1958. Their current station was built in 1991 on William Street along IN-57. This all-volunteer department provide Fire and Rescue protection to the Town of Plainville and all of Steele and Bogard Townships. Their rural coverage area includes 82 square miles with a population of 4,500.

HR

Engine 1 - 1968 International Loadstar/Alexis 500gpm/750gal
This rig was purchased from Limestone Twp IL in 1991.

Engine 1 - 1968 International Loadstar/Alexis 500gpm/750gal


Engine 2 - 1976 Chevy C70/1977 E-One 750gpm/750gal
E-2 formerly served Jasonville IN prior to its purchase in 1997.

Brush 3 - 1999 Dodge Ram 3500/TA Brouilette/2000 Darley skid - 150gpm/300gal
Brush 3 became the first brand new rig purchased by the department in 2000.

Tanker 4 - 1985 GMC TopKick/1988 Bluegrass 200gpm/2000gal
This tanker came to Plainville from nearby Washington Township, Washington, IN in 2007.

Tanker 4 -1962 International 6x6/1994 FD 150gpm/2200gal
In 2007, this beast was soon to be retired, but still looked good!

Former PVFD Engine - 1956 Ford F700/Midwest Pumper - 300gpm/500gal
This truck was purchased from the Indiana Toll Road Commision in 1976 and served the department for many years.

Engine 2 - 1953 GMC M125 - 100gpm/1000gal
This rig formerly served as Plainville's Engine 2. It was purchased in 1987 and then retired in 2000.