New Haven-Adams Township Fire Department

Base 120 - South Station

New Haven is located immediately east of Fort Wayne inside of I-469 in central Allen County. The New Haven FD organized in 1862. However, this combination department was formed in 1990 with the merger of NHFD & Adams Township VFD. NHATFD now provides Fire, Tactical Rescue, Hazmat and ALS protection to 23,000 residents of the Town of New Haven and Adams Township. Their membership now includes 55 volunteer and 14 paid on the fire side, and 10 full/part time and 40 volunteer on the EMS side.

HR

Base 120 - NHAT South Fire Station - 4625 East Paulding Road
Base 120 protects the district's more rural southern area. It is home to Engine 121, Tanker 124 and Support 120.

Engine 121 - 1989 International/Pierce Pumper (E-5487) - 1250gpm/750gal
Engine 121 is first due for all fire, rescue and EMS assists from the south station.

Engine 121 - 1989 International/Pierce Pumper (E-5487) - 1250gpm/750gal


Tanker 124 - 1996 International 4900/S&S - 500gpm/2500gal


Tanker 124 - 1996 International 4900/S&S - 500gpm/2500gal


TSU 120 - 1981 International S/1983 Grumman-Olsen - Tactical Support/Hazmat Unit
There were originally two of these units, both were identical former Frito Lay trucks. Both were owned by the county, with one being operated by FWFD and the other by the county. This trailer is the original Allen County unit. The tractor was originally a 1981 IHC S/E-One (1978) midi-pumper that served as FWFD Rescue Squad 9 (one of two such rigs). In 2000 it was converted into a cascade unit for the city and around 2008 it had the body taken off and was converted into this tractor for the FWFD Hazmat trailer. Around 2013 it was then mated to this trailer. Support 120 responds with various containment and protective equipment on Hazardous Materials calls in NHATFD's district. It's equipment includes a decon unit with portable showers, large air cascade storage tanks, Mass Casualty medical supplies, 170 gallons of AFFF foam, dry chemical extinguisher and CO2 agents, WMD protective equipment and 2 generators. The trailer even includes a small office area in the front.

NHVFD Engine 1 - 1925 Studebaker/General-St. Louis - 500gpm/150gal
This rig was the first motorized fire truck to protect New Haven. It has been painstakingly restored by members of the deparment and the New Haven/Adams Township community.

NHVFD Engine 1 - 1925 Studebaker/General-St. Louis - 500gpm/150gal


NHVFD Engine 1 - 1925 Studebaker/General-St. Louis - 500gpm/150gal


Allen County F.A.S.T. Van - 1997 Ford E-350 Econoline
This rig is kept behind Base 120 and can respond to Arson incidents around the southside of Allen County outsidethe Fort Wayne City Limits.

Special Thanks to FF/EMT Josh Hale and the Base 10 B-shift crew for their help in arranging these pictures and for providing department history and background information.