Jasper Fire Department

Stations 2 & 3

The City of Jasper is located 120 miles SSE of Indianapolis along IN-56 in central Dubois County. Established in 1896, the 38 members of this all-volunteer department respond to approximately 300 runs each year. JFD provides Fire, Rescue and Medical first-responder protection to 11 square miles and 14,000 residents within the City of Jasper and Bainbridge Twp.

HR

Station 2 - Brames Street & Church Avenue
This firehouse was completed in 1979 as the Holy Family Station protecting the southeast side. The 2's is home to Engines 2 and 6.

Engine 2 - 2000 Sterling/Ferrara Pumper (#H-1546) - 1250gpm/1000gal


Engine 6 - 1990 Ford L/FMC Pumper (#9061) 1250gpm/750gal


Engine 6 - 1990 Ford L/FMC Pumper (#9061) 1250gpm/750gal


Station 3 - E. 35th Street & Newtown Street
Completed in 1990, this station protects the Northside of the city.

Engine 5 - 1998 Ford L/Ferrara Pumper (#BR920) - 1250gpm/1000gal
Engine 5 is first-due out of Station 3. Originally running out of HQ, it was reassigned from Station 1 in April 2012.

Engine 5 - 1998 Ford L/Ferrara Pumper (#BR920) - 1250gpm/1000gal


Engine 1 - 1985 Ford L/FMC Pumper (#4402) - 1000gpm/750gal


Engine 1 - 1985 Ford L/FMC Pumper (#4402) - 1000gpm/750gal


Antique Engine 1 - 1929 General Pumper

Special thanks to Chief Kenny Hochgesang for providing department background and history. Thanks also to FF'sMike Steurer, Tim Berger, & Maurice Merkel for rigs for their assistance in arranging the apparatus for these pictures.