Gas City Volunteer Fire Department

The Town of Gas City is located southeast of Marion and west of I-69 in southeast Grant County. First organized in 1898, this all-volunteer department consists of 24 members who respond from a single station. GCVFD provides Fire, Rescue and First-Reponder protection to 4 square miles of Gas City including 6,000 residents.

HR

Gas City Fire Station - S 3rd Street and E. South A Street
The first portion of this building was completed in 1905 and served as the jail and police station including horse stalls. The next section was completd in 1933 with the final section on the far right in 1990.

Unit 1 - 1996 Pierce Saber Pumper (#EA332) - 1500gpm/1000gal
This rig responds second-due for all fire calls in Gas City.

Unit 1 - 1996 Pierce Saber Pumper (#EA332) - 1500gpm/1000gal


Unit 2 - 1980 International Loadstar/Pierce Pumper (#E0356) - 1000gpm/500gal
Unit 2 responds as the third-out engine company. It will usually take the alley side of fire scenes.

Unit 3 - 1998 Chevy K3500/Schock Welding - 200gpm/250gal


Unit 4 - 1999 Pierce Saber Pumper (#EC283) - 1500gpm/1000gal
Unit 4 is usually 2nd-out for fires and will hit the hydrant upon arrival to the scene.

Unit 4 - 1999 Pierce Saber Pumper (#EC283) - 1500gpm/1000gal


Engine 5 - 2013 Pierce Saber CAFS Pumper - 1500gpm/1000gal/30gal foam
Engine 5 responds first-due for structure fires. This unit is equipped with 4 pre-connect lines plumbed to the C.A.F.S. system: one being a 2 1/2 fast attack crosslay and the wirelessly controlled Deck gun is also plumbed to CAFS and 2 pre-connect lines being water only. This is the only truck in Grant county and neighboring counties to be equipped with a CAFS system. Engine 5 is equipped with multiple foam nozzles and tips including piercing nozzle for applications of foam.

Engine 5 - 2013 Pierce Saber CAFS Pumper - 1500gpm/1000gal/30gal foam


Unit 14 - 1975 International Loadstar/Pierce Pumper (#8986-C) - 1000gpm/500gal
This rig serves as a rarely-used reserve pumper.

Special Thanks to FF Brody Buckner for arranging the apparatus for these pictures and to Chief Dave Linn for providing department history and background.