Osceola Volunteer Fire Department

The Town of Osceola is located along US-20 in eastern St. Joseph County. The 15 members of this all-volunteer department respond to 200 runs each year. OVFD provides Fire protection to 1,900 residents in just 1.4 square miles.

HR

Station 1 - Rogers & Pine
This firehouse serves as OVFD Headquarters and is home to Ladder 1299, Squad 1290 and Tanker 1259.

Ladder 1299 - 1989 Pierce Lance (#E-5081) - 1250gpm/400gal/64ft Telesqurt
This apparatus previously served Bonita Springs, FL prior to its purchase by Osceola in 2010.

Ladder 1299 - 1989 Pierce Lance (#E-5081) - 1250gpm/400gal/64ft Telesqurt


Tanker 1259 - 1980 International/Marion - 500gpm/2500gal
This rig was purchased from neighboring Penn South FD in 1996.

Tanker 1259 - 1980 International/Marion - 500gpm/2500gal


Squad 1260 - 2008 Chevy Suburban - Incident Command Vehicle


Rescue 1264 - 1979 GMC/E-One - 250gpm/250gal
This apparatus was purchased from nearby Baugo Township in 2002.

Station 2 - West Washington & South Chestnut
This firehouse is located south of the busy CSX Railroad line that crosses through Osceola. Station 2 is home to Engine 1240 and Brush 1242.

Engine 1240 - 1995 International/Pierce Pumper (#E-9407) - 1250gpm/1000gal


Engine 1240 - 1995 International/Pierce Pumper (#E-9407) - 1250gpm/1000gal


Brush 1242 - 1988 Dodge - 100gpm/150gal


Brush 1242 - 1988 Dodge - 100gpm/150gal


Former Engine 1241 - 1977 Ford C/1979 Howe 1000gpm/1000gal