Loogootee Fire Department

The Town of Loogootee is located 110 miles southwest of Indianapolis in central Martin County. Formed around 1890, this all-volunteer department includes 25 members who respond to 200 runs each year. . LFD provides Fire, Rescue and Medical First-Responder protection to 5500 residents and 43 square miles including the Town of Loogootee, Perry Township, and a very small portion of McCameron Township that includes Crane Village and Burns City.

HR

Loogootee Fire Station 1 - Rielly Avenue & JFK Boulevard
Completed in 1978, the City Hall houses both the Fire and Police Departments. Station 1 protects the downtown and north side of Loogootee

Engine 1 - 2008 Spartan/Crimson Pumper - 1500gpm/1000gal
Engine 1 is first-due for all Fire and Rescue calls. It carries Amkus and TnT extrication tools for vehicle accidents.

Engine 1 - 2008 Spartan/Crimson Rescue Pumper - 1500gpm/1000gal


Tanker 1 - 1985 Ford C/1996 Crane NSWC - 1500 gallon tank


Former Tanker 1 1970 AMC 6x6 - 1500gal
This DNC rig came to Loogootee in 2008 from Paragon, IN. It was then passed onto nearby Shoals VFD.

Station 2 - Heritage Hill Drive & US-50
This firehouse was built in 1973 and protects the southside of Loogootee.

Engine 2 - 1990 Pierce Lance Pumper - 1250gpm/750gal
Along with various firefighting equipment, Engine 2 carries a basic set of Holmatro extrication tools as a backup to Engine 1.

Engine 2 - 1990 Pierce Lance Pumper - 1250gpm/750gal


Aerial 3 - 1974 Seagrave PB/Joyce/1988 Pierce 50ft Tele-squrt- 1000gpm/350gal
This classic truck may be a one-of-a-kind. Custom built by the regional builder Joyce in the 1970's, it was VERY uncommon to have vertical exhaust on trucks of this type, especially one on each side.

Aerial 3 - 1974 Seagrave PB/Joyce/1988 Pierce 50ft Tele-squrt - 1000gpm/350gal
This apparatus came from Shelby Township, Michigan in 1992.

Truck 4 - 1984 Chevy K30 DNR rig with brush package from the old Dodge


Squad 3 - 1973 Dodge W300/2009 FD - Medical First Response
Squad 3 previously served as Brush 4 before it was converted to a First Responder apparatus in 2009.

Former Brush Truck 4 - 1973 Dodge W300/1996 FD - 200gpm/300gal


Command 1 - 2000 Ford Explorer Command Vehicle
This vehicle was placed into service in 2006. It carries medical gear and is used mainly by the Chief. However, if the Chief is out of town, it becomes a medical response vehicle for available personnel.

Special thanks to FF's Kyle McKibben & Andrew Ringwald for their help in arranging the apparatus for these picturesand for providing department background and history. Not Yet Pictured: Antique - 1947 Dodge/Howe Pumper - 500gpm/150gal