Posey Township Fire Department

The Town of Arlington is located 35 miles southeast of Indianapolis on U.S. 52 in western Rush County. Established in 1953, PTVFD provides Fire, Rescue, and BLS non-transport services to the Town of Arlington and Posey Township. PTVFD is a completely volunteer department, made up of 22 members, who protect nearly 1200 residents and 36 square miles. ALS transport is provided to 2/3 of Posey Township by Rush Memorial EMS, the northern 1/3 of the township is covered with BLS transport by Carthage EMS.

HR

Posey Township Fire Station - 7560 West U.S. 52, Arlington
The Posey Township fire station was built in 1996 to replace the departments original station. It now houses six apparatus and the Posey Township Community Room.

Rescue 40 - 2008 Ford F-550/Summit Fire Apparatus (#24843)
Rescue 40 serves many purposes for PTVFD. Rescue 40 responds first-due on all medical calls and MVAs. This truck carries most of the departments extra air bottles and is also equipped with a light tower and many portable lights. As a result this truck also responds to all structure fires within Posey Township, and regularly responds on mutual aid calls.

Rescue 40 - 2008 Ford F-550/Summit Fire Apparatus (#24843)


Engine 41 - 1983 Ford 800/1984 Indiana (#A11940) - 750gpm/750gal
Engine 41 served as the only engine in the department until the arrival of Engine 42 in 2002. Engine 41 now serves as a second-out/reserve pumper. It also will respond to mutual aid calls in areas where there are no fire hydrants.

Engine 41 - 1983 Ford 800/1984 Indiana (#A11940) - 750gpm/750gal


Engine 42 - 2002 International/2003 Pierce Pumper (#13890) - 1250gpm/1000gal
Engine 42 serves as the primary engine for PTVFD. It responds to all structure fires, alarm runs, and MVAs in Posey Township. It will also respond to mutual aid calls to neighboring towns where there are fire hydrants.

Engine 42 - 2002 International/2003 Pierce Pumper (#13890) - 1250gpm/1000gal


Tanker 43 - 1993 International/2000 Central States Tank - 500gpm/2000gal
Tanker 43 responds to all field fire calls in addition to all structure fire calls. It is equipped with a portable tank and hose to refill brush trucks.

Tanker 43 - 1993 International/2000 Central States Tank - 500gpm/2000gal


Tanker 44 - 1993 International/1969 S&S Fire Apparatus - 1600gal
Tanker 44 serves as the second-out tanker. The original truck was manufactured in 1969 by S&S Fire Apparatus. In 2000 department members removed the tank from the original chassis and remounted the tank onto the current International chassis.

Tanker 44 - 1993 International/1969 S&S Fire Apparatus - 1600gal


Truck 45 - 1999 Ford F-350 4x4/FD Custom - 150gpm/350gal
Truck 45 serves as the department brush truck. The truck was purchased used and then customized and equipped by department members.

Truck 45 - 1999 Ford F-350 4x4/FD Custom - 150gpm/350gal