New Middletown Volunteer Fire Department

The town of New Middletown is located 35 miles west of Louisville, KY in between I-64 and the Ohio River in central Harrison County. First organized in 1953 the 30 members of this all-volunteer department respond to approximately 150 runs( each year. NMVFD provides Fire, Rescue & Medical First Responder protection to 33 square miles of New Middletown and Webster Township.

HR

New Middletown Apparatus Fleet 2010


Engine 23 - 1953 Ford F500/Howe Pumper (#9114) - 500gpm/375gal
This classic rig is in great shape and continues its service to the department. It served as the New Middletown's Frontline Pumper for 40 years until it moved to second-due in 1993!

Engine 23 - 1953 Ford F500/Howe Pumper (#9114) - 500gpm/375gal


Engine 31 - 1993 Freightilner FL80/S&S Pumper/Tanker - 1000gpm/1800gal
E-31 responds as the first-due engine company at New Middletown.

Engine 31 - 1993 Freightilner FL80/S&S Pumper/Tanker - 1000gpm/1800gal


Tanker 65 - 2002 Freightliner FL80/2003 E-One (#126035) - 1250gpm/3000gal
TK-65 responds as the primary tanker and also responds as a mutual aid rig for neighboring departments.

Tanker 65 - 2002 Freightliner FL80/2003 E-One (#126035) - 1250gpm/3000gal


Rescue 96 - 2005 Ford F550/2006 E-One Light Rescue (#130148)
R-96 responds to all vehicle accidents. It is equipped with a set of TNT extrication tools and a 4 bottle cascade system for support at fire scenes.

Rescue 96 - 2005 Ford F550/2006 E-One Light Rescue (#130148)


Brush 71 - 2008 Dodge Ram 3500/Gerrys Automotive/Mid-America - 150gpm/150gal/5gal foam


Brush 75 - 1977 Dodge W300/1990's FD Custom - 150gpm/275gal
This truck was acquired by the department in the early 1990's from the Indiana DNR. It was then converted to brush truck use like so many similar rigs around the state.

New Middletown Fire Station - Fire Lane SE & 2nd Street
This firehouse has expanded along with the needs of the department. The original middle section was built in the late 1950's. The left three bays were added in 1993. Along with the addition of three more bays on the right, the middle section was converted into a meeting room, radio room and kitchen in 2003.