Columbus Fire Department
Station 1 - Headquarters

The City of Columbus is located just east of I-65 between Indianapolis and Louisville. Columbus' 6 Stations and 101 full-time personnel provide Fire, Rescue, Hazmat and BLS protection to 65,500+ residents and 35 square miles in Bartholomew County.

Station 1 - corner of 11th and Washington Street - Downtown Columbus

Station 1 - 1101 Jackson Street (Corner of 11th and Washington Street) - Downtown Columbus
Station 1 serves as Columbus Fire Department Headquarters. It is home to Engine and Ladder 1 and the 1948 Stutz. In this picture you can see the original 3-bay station in the front right with the lighter brick. The station was then greatly expanded to include three drive-through bays and the department's adminstration.

 
Engine 1 - 2004 American LaFrance Eagle Custom Pumper - 1500gpm/750gal

Engine 1 - 2004 American LaFrance Eagle Custom Pumper - 1500gpm/750gal
This rig was delivered in June of 2005 and replaced a 1989 Darley Pumper.

 
Engine 1 - 2004 American LaFrance Eagle Custom Pumper - 1500gpm/750gal
Engine 1 - 2004 American LaFrance Eagle Custom Pumper - 1500gpm/750gal
 
Engines 1 & 2
Engine 2 is shown here running with it's twin from Station 1 in July 2007 while the new Station 2 was being built.
 
Tower 1 - 1989 Simon/LTI 100' Rear-mount Platform - #8803418- 1500gpm/250gal
Tower 1 - 1989 Simon/LTI 100' Rear-mount Platform - #8803418- 1500gpm/250gal
Tower 1 is the only ladder in Columbus with a bucket. It is dispatched on all structure fire runs within the city limits.
This rig is scheduled to be replaced in late 2007 with an American LaFrance Eagle 100' Rear-mount Platform.
 
Tower 1 - 1989 Simon/LTI 100' Rear-mount Platform - #8803418- 1500gpm/250gal
Tower 1 - 1989 Simon/LTI 100' Rear-mount Platform - #8803418- 1500gpm/250gal
 
Old Engine 1 - 1937 Stutz with a Cummins 6-cylinder 175hp motor/300gal tank
Old Engine 1 - 1937 Stutz with a Cummins 6-cylinder - 175hp motor/300gal tank
This antique was the first diesel-powered fire apparatus used in the United States.
 
Old Engine 1
Old Engine 1 was manufactured in Hartford City, Indiana in 1937 and took a 2-year promotional tour around
the country. Columbus placed this engine into service as Engine 1 in 1939. It served the community faithfully until
November 1974. Old Engine 1 has been fully restored to like new condition and is still used for parades and
ceremonial services.
 
 

Columbus Fire Department