Indianapolis Fire Department Station 2
Single Engine Station
|Indianapolis Fire Department Station 2 -
4120 Mitthoefer Road - Far Eastside
Opened: March 22, 1971
|Engine 2 - 2005 Pierce Arrow Custom XT - 2000gpm Hale
This apparatus was the first brand new engine Station 2 had received since a 1959 Maxim!.
Along with Engine 7, this truck marked the return of the Pierce Arrow to IFD.
|Engine 2 - 2005 Pierce Arrow XT - 2000gpm Hale pump/500gal/40gal
Prior to the merger with Warren Township, this station was out on a bit of an IFD island on the city's far eastside.
|Engine 2 - 2005 Pierce Arrow XT - 2000gpm Hale pump/500gal/40gal foam|
|Former Engine 2 - 1994 Pierce Lance II - 1500gpm/500gal/40gal
This apparatus formerly served as Engine 20 until 2003 when it refurbished and moved to Engine 2.
It was reassigned to Engine 26 in July 2005 and then to reserve service in March 2009.
|Wishard Medic 2 - 2006 Ford E-350/MedTec
Medic 34 was reassigned as Medic 2 with the closing of IFD Station 34 in July 2007. When not on runs,
this rig can often be found in front of the firehouse.