Marietta
Community Volunteer Fire Dept.

The Town of Marietta is located 25 miles southwest of Indianapolis in southwestern Shelby County. Organized in 1953, this all-volunteer department includes 20 members who respond to 250 runs each year. MVFD provides Fire, Rescue and Medical First Responder protection to 40 square miles including the Town of Marietta.

Station

Marietta Fire Station - Railroad St & Church Street
The left half of this firehouse was the original station from 1954. The right side was built in 1977 and then original house
burned down and was replaced in 1992.

 
E71 ds
Engine 71 - 1987 Chevy C70/1989 Darley Pumper - 750gpm/1000gal
 
E72
Engine 72 - 1969 Ford F-750/Darley Pumper - 750gpm/1000gal
Both Engine 71 and 72 were caught inside the fire station that burned in 1991. Engine 71 was driven right through the door, which allowed enough smoke out that they could find the manual release cable for the other door. Thankfully, both rigs were saved with minimal damage,
 
E72 os
Engine 72 - 1969 Ford F-750/Darley Pumper - 750gpm/1000gal
 
r71 ds
Rescue 71 - 1997 Ford F-350/FD Custom
 
Tk71 ds
Tanker 71 - 2003 International/2004 Smeal (#2808) - 1500gpm/2500gal
 
Tk 71 os
Tanker 71 - 2003 International/2004 Smeal (#2808) - 1500gpm/2500gal
 
g71
Grass 71 - 1989 Chevy K2500/Morrison/1989 FD - 150gpm/200gal
 
 

Special thanks to Chief Shane Scott for his assistance in arranging the apparatus for these pictures and for
providing department background and history.