IN Maltese

Clarks Hill/Lauramie Township
Volunteer Fire Department


The Town of Clarks Hill is located southwest of Lafayette near the crossroads of US-52 and IN-28 in southeastern Tippecanoe County. Organized in 1915, this all-volunteer department includes 18 members who respond to 130 runs each year from a single station. CHVFD provides Fire, Rescue and Medical First-Responder protection to 54 square miles of Lauramie Township including the Town of Clarks Hill. ALS transport is provided county-wide by Tippecanoe Co. EMS.

IN Maltese
STation

Clarks Hill Fire Station
This firehouse originally protected just the southern portion of Lauramie Township. However, a recent agreement created a
dual-response system that sends Clarks Hill and Stockwell units to all incidents to provide the fastest and most complete
response to their protection area.

 
E801 ds
Engine 801 - 1978 Ford C/Ward LaFrance Pumper (#73-1207) - 1000gpm/750gal
This apparatus formerly served as the "Town" engine and now responds second-due on all structure fires.
 
BR 802
Brush 802 - 1978 Chevy K30/Ward LaFrance Mini-Pumper (#73-1220) - 500gpm/250gal
Brush 802 responds to all brush fires, but also carries Hurst extrication tools for accident calls. It is fairly rare to find
Ward LaFrance commercial fire apparatus that were original to Indiana. Clarks Hill has two!
 
TK 803
Tanker 803 - 1996 Kenworth/19?? Progress Tanks - 200gpm/4000gal
The chassis and tank of this truck were paried together in 2003. TK-803 serves as the primary water-supply truck at Clarks Hill.
 
TK 803 tight fit
Due to the limited apparatus bay size at Clarks Hill, Tanker 803 had to be custom fitted with a unique LED light
bar visor. We're betting that they back this rig into the firehouse v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y!
 
Squad 804
Squad 804 (not 803) - 1986 Chevy Blazer Medical Quick-Reponse Vehicle
This rig previously served the Indiana DNR and now responds first-due to medical calls.
 
E 806
Engine 806 - 1994 Ford F-750/E-One Pumper(#14290) - 1250gpm/1000gal
Engine 806 is first-due for structure fires from the Clarks Hills station.
 
 
Special Thanks to Chief Jerry Sutton and FF John Barton for their help in arranging the apparatus for these pictures and for providing department background and history.